1996 Proline CC 25 1/2 ft.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by mr300s, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mr300s

mr300s Junior Member

Could anyone tell me where the fuel vent is located on the above boat that has a 225 Johnson? As I am putting gas into the boat it will fill up to the top of the filler even though the tank is not full, so I felt that it is probably a plugged vent but cant seem to locate it. There is something on the cc on the starboard side but it appears that something may have broken off but there is a hole there. I ran a wire though however it only goes so far and then I can't get it through anymore and it didnt solve the problem. Thanks for the help. Bill

2. mr300s

mr300s Junior Member

come on guys no one can help out here?? Corpus Skipper you are always posting no idea's thanks Bill

3. Rescue516

Rescue516 New Member

I would bet you already tried this but the vent should be located on the same side and very near the filler opening. usuly a small cover about 2-3" dia. or a small bolt shaped plug. Also you can open the floor inspection cover and you should be able to see the gauge connection filler connecetion and the vent line. i would try blowing compressed air from the tank to ouside, but not from outside in (dont want any crap in your tank). Good Luck !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.