1990 Force 120

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by BigMatt14, Oct 18, 2009.

1. BigMatt14

BigMatt14 New Member

I have a 1990 Force 120 2 stroke outboard. Apparently, when the last owner had the motor rebuilt, the flywheel was dropped. A sizable chunk was taken out of the outside edge, and the flywheel was never replaced.

I have talked to a couple of local people and they were all lost when I asked about a replacement. Is there anything I can do about locating a replacement? The motor runs fine, but it is slightly out of balance, and I do not want to damage the internals by running it out of balance.

Anything I can do?

Thanks

2. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

I wouldn't use it until its fixed (replaced), a damaged flywheel can self distruct at higher RPMs and possibly kill people in the area.

Look on ebay for dead motors or someone parting out this model, you should be able to find one pretty quick. Speedway Marine in WA state works on old force engines, try them also.