help on identifyin flexible coupling

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by yvautrin, Apr 29, 2013.

1. yvautrin

yvautrin New Member

Dear All,

i am newly in charge of boat maintenance for my company.

When checking the flexible coupling, I noticed the disk on our 2 shafts is worn (8 years old!)
    The company does not have any tracks of the original purchase, and there are no marking/branding on the flexible coupling itself...

I need to identify it in order to contact the manufacturer to get the spare parts.

Any help appreciated!

Yann

PS (the diameter of the disk is 19 inches)

Attached Files:

2. yvautrin

yvautrin New Member

here is a picture of the coupling if it helps...

Attached Files:

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

That looks like an older "PolyFlex" coupling (judging by looks). There are many different brands and manufactures for these devices. That coupling doesn't need parts, it's shot and you need a whole new coupling. Contact one of the several manufactures and tell them what you're putting it on, shaft size, it's configuration, etc. and they'll tell you what fits.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.