1986 260 Sundancer Project

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Questor, Aug 12, 2010.

1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Beware: wiki is not always correct.....

Sounds fair enough. And you can run a 1/4 hp motor on a spool to bring up your traps.
    No lobster though....but 70 pounds of prawns in my freezer is OK...

Is this the one with v-drives or outdrives???

I hauled a 305 out of my boat 6 years ago and IIRC the 305 was just over 600 pounds with the manifolds...

And a 40 hp diesel is gonna weigh 450-500 pounds as well so you might save a total of 250 pounds over the gas.

Idling along at 800 rpm with the 305,you'd burn very little gas....

More to contemplate.

Is yours like this? Great boast with lots of living space..
    http://www.clubsearay.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23850

2. Questor

Questor Senior Member

I found the 952 pound figure for the 260 HP motors on boattest.com. You have to be an ex hippy radical to appreciate the extreme colors but that is one of the things I love about the 80s Sundancers. If I found a Sundancer in that condition I don't think I'd be able to start drilling and cutting holes in it. Given my junk yard dog life style I don't think I could even sleep in anything that pristine.Once I get my Sundancer ready, if you came over for a visit you'd find half sorted Lego in little piles all over the place, Fishing gear under your feet, 200 pounds of scrap metal I found in the harbor on the deck and greasy wrenches and screwdrivers from one end to the other. The highlights of decor would be something like garage sale confederate flags or Indian print blankets draped over cushions to protect them from my junk yard clothing.

In addition, I am disappointed that I have never found a group to donate to that removes any of the 26 million tons of plastic per year that we dump into the oceans. It seems that tens of thousands of people are talking about the severity of the crisis but not one of them that I know of has organized a cleanup.If you meet me on my way into the harbor I may have half a dozen giant bags and boxes of toilet seats , rubber dolls, disposable bottles etc, etc tied to the boat anywhere I can so I can take it to the recycle center.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.