1983 9' Sportcraft (Li'l Sport??)

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Atap, May 12, 2010.

1. Atap

Atap New Member

Curious if anyone has seen one of these little boats and if they have any info on it. It's 9' x 4' and it's definitely a 1983. I can't find anything on it when I search the hull ID number or in NADA for a 1983. There is a listing for the Li'l sport in the NADA for '84 and '85 but they are different dimensions. Went to register it at the BMV last night and they had no record of this boat ever being manufactured. Curious if it has any value. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 1983sportcraft

1983sportcraft New Member

i have this boat ind i just signed up cause i saw the picture of yours i will submit pictures soon!

3. 1983sportcraft

1983sportcraft New Member

i dont know the value of this boat but i do know they are extremely rare this is the first picture i have seen so far.i was told it is called a sportcraft toy but i may be wrong but i have twin 8 horse yamaha motors on mine and it flys its all origonal in color almost mint condition and i custom built the trailor

4. Atap

Atap New Member

I have only seen one other one, would like to see pictures of yours. Still curious if this thing has any value for insurance purposes.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

These boats and others like them were the precursor to jet skis and they died a quick death once jets arrived. Now they're not worth much, unless you find a museum that wants one. As a novelty, they're interesting, but other wise they're the Stanly Steamer of the personal sport boat world and only valuable to a collector.

6. junk_dad

junk_dad New Member

9' sportcraft

I have a yellow 9; sportcraft with a 50 HP Johnson, Custom sstainless steel reinforced transom mount. When it is rigged I will post pictures. Al

7. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

Those pictures are great. That little thing looks kinda ridiculous amongst the big boys. Very neat!

8. Gotalwet

Gotalwet New Member

Does anyone have a plexi fabricator for a sportcraft lil sport 1983 windshield. I have the original one but its cracked. I have been to two places that said they could do it. But both pieces werent a proper fit. stomped in NJ. its a very small windshield the boat is only 8'8" long. like the green on above exact same boat but light tan in color.

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

This is something you can do. You can cold bend the acrylic or polycarbonate or you can heat bend it. You can free form the sheet or heat it up and let it bend over a felt covered "buck", built to the shape of the windshield.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.