asking for feedbacks

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by luix, Nov 19, 2013.

1. luix

luix Junior Member

hi friends, i want to know your opinions and feedbacks about this engine

its a johnson 25 hp 2t. i dont know the year/engine model..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Has already seen its 40th birthday, I'd say.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I used to have one of those, but it was the 20 HP (same engine family). If memory serves me correctly, the 20, 25 and 30 HP are the same engine and all you need are some jets and timing changes to get more power out of her. I think there's a throttle limiter cap you'll have to pop off too. Considering it's age, it's in need of a full up rebuild, if it hasn't had one yet. She's seen some service, such as the lower coil, looks newer then the upper and someone has foolishly installed a glass, reusable in line filter, which should be tossed in the trash, before it breaks and causes the obvious problem. If inspected (and tested) by a qualified outboard mechanic, you'll get a much better idea of what shape it's in. Pictures don't tell us much about how it runs, shifts, etc. Most would regard this engine as an antique, so pick your poison wisely.

4. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

with that carb its from the 90's and maybe a 20
    Even if it was 40 years old it will still be going no problem
    The horsepower differences are the venturi size in the carb on some models and porting on others or both.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.