i just cant get a spark at all

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by MARKSALAD, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MARKSALAD

MARKSALAD marksalad

i was out last sat and i got to the dock as per norm then went to move her to pick up the other lads she cut out would not start looked at plugs and wat not was ok so went got spare hose started no prob got around the bend and noticed it was only half the power after 2.3min i rem i left a leed off and put it stright bk on was going as norm now was very heavy swell that day after 15/20 min said its to bad iam off in. so start her up and were going in then she died no splutter notthing got her towed in and no spark bought new plugs and still no spark when i turn her over she ran flawlessley until that day has perfect p.s.i in both cylenders just no spark so can any one tell me what it might be gone it would start on the key if i had a spark but i dont know a lot about evinrude 25hp outboards mabey some1 has the part i need for sale thanks guys for looking mark. ps any info would be helpfull shes a 20/25 year old outboard 2stroke 50/1 miX. again anything might help.....

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Is the KILL SWITCH....dead ?

3. MARKSALAD

MARKSALAD marksalad

i have no kill switch i just turn off my key and she stops

4. MARKSALAD

MARKSALAD marksalad

i have elec choke starter and just bildge ect running off 12v battery it can be both started by hand and key but its showing no spark at all looking at the old plugs they were way off say a 1/4 of a 1/4 inch i.e this gap I I TO THE 3OMM II WOULD THE FACT I forgot to put the leed bk on the plug going out have made the plug wider? but still dosent eXplain how she stoped dead in the water at 1/4 norm full rpm to notthing it has to be an electric problem any sugestions

5. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

use an ohm meter and test to see if your inanition switch is bad. If not, then test the rest of your circuit.

6. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Your comment is almost unreadable. Slow down and relax. Take your time and explain things carefully. Otherwise, nobody can help you.

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

As an absolute last resort you could get a manual and open it at "troubleshooting".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.