Make and Year?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Bandit05, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Bandit05

Bandit05 New Member

I picked this Boat up off the side of the road in my neighborhood. It was left for the trash man. I decided to take it home and restore it. It had a major hole in the bottom and was nearly tore from one side to the other across the bottom.
    There is no name plate or Identification numbers on it anywhere..I looked as I took it apart to clean out the rotted wood and make repairs.
    The Closest thing it resembles is an G-W INVADER. But after viewing many pics online, I found that there are a couple of differences: Mine has a Flat Flange that wraps the boat which the Bumper covers, The Invader does not, also the Console on mine is not Raised as high as the one on the Invader.
    Any Help would be appreciated in Identifying the Make and what years they were built. I plan on a FULL Restoration. Pics Provided to help Identify it. Dimensions are: 10ft Long x 5ft Wide and less that 3 feet high.

Attached Files:

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

It looks a lot like one of the old Disney boats that were used at Disney World. Any way there were a lot of people making boats like this in the late 70's early 80s before Personal watercraft came along. Over at Fiberglassics.com they see boats like this a lot.

3. lance linked

lance linked Junior Member

looks hellishly unstable at speed.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.