1964 starcraft biscanye help

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Daniel Duprez, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Daniel Duprez

Daniel Duprez New Member

I need help with a support issue.

I picked up my project from sitting in the woods for the past 20yrs and after sitting on a roller trailer for a couple weeks I noticed the hull on the aft rollers was getting warped. I cut the thin fiberglass deck away and noticed all stingers are basically gone and the hull has not strength.
    I need help with how to support the hull so I can get inside to start repairing the stringer. I have looked at doing the boat stands but i don't think that will support the middle so much while also mainting the original lines and have also thought about converting trailer to a bunker trailer style for flater more weight distribution and support is located near center.
    Please help me with more ideas or ways you have overcome this issue so I can start glossing this up and get it on the water please and thank you.

Attached Files:

2. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

You need to bunk it alright. Build the bunking above the rollers. You can pipe strap or u bolt some lumber and then raise the bunks up above the rollers. When you are ready; remove the boat or raise it then remove bunking.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.