1962 daytona

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by daytripper 6, Dec 9, 2007.

1. daytripper 6

daytripper 6 New Member

need some help with some research. have a 1962 daytona 45. cant find any hull ID# oldest surveys left on the boat where from 1985. at the time the name was 'MYSTERY' prior to that she was called LADY GATOR . any body got any information on the vessel it would be seriously appreciated thank you daytripper 6

2. alanc8700

alanc8700 New Member

Hi,
    My name is Alan Cody and I have the 1962 Daytona 45 That was custom built for "Steven Briggs of Briggs and Stration Engines"
    The ID# on mine is carved inside the rear center hatch of the cockpit on the
    starboard side

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

a 1962 boat did not have a Hull identification Number. They were not required until 1972. Some manufacturers put serial numbers on their boats, but they were not an HIN. You might want to post this on Fiberglassics. They are the major website for classic fiberglass boats. http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.