Questions About the Naval Architecture Field

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kruemt, Dec 17, 2009.

1. kruemt

kruemt Junior Member

Hi, I am interested in naval architecture and would like some information on the field. I have a undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and I'm considering going back to school or trying to transition into the field. I quess it would be easier to specify some questions and you guys can answer them or throw in anything else you feel relavent.

What is the hiring out look and how hard is it to break into the field?

Can I transition into the field with my degree or would it be beneficial to get more training?

I am interested in hull design. I very much enjoyed all gas and fluid dynamic courses. Is getting into hull design possible?

What is a typical day like for a naval architect?

Thanks. I'm just trying to get a feel for the field that interests me. Thanks for any advice or info.