1959 Chris Craft Sea Skiff 35' identity

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by erwin.tarr, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ned L

ned L Junior Member

I'm not at all questioning whether this boat is a C.C., but when did Pacemaker build a lapstrake boat??
    Boats like C.C. & Lyman are as different as night & day when you start understanding the real subtleties, like being able to tell the difference between a Kulas & a Zuback skiff (now they could be tough to tell apart). (They were two NJ builders in buisness from the 1940's to the 1970's.)

2. Mike Sanderson

Mike Sanderson New Member

Hi, I owned a 1959 Chris Craft Sea Skiff

Hi
    I owned a 1959 35" Chris Craft Sea Skiff.

Fire Away with any and all Questions you may have.

From the pictures I seen, it is original, and that is how they build that model.

A lot of people thought they were Egg Harbors, but were in fact were Chris Craft.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Where is the boat located?

Do you still have it?

Thanks
    Mike Sanderson - Boston MA.

3. Mike Sanderson

Mike Sanderson New Member

4. kip.meyer

kip.meyer New Member

I was astonished to see this picture of the skiff.
    In 1973, my dad bought that very same model and year CC Sea Skiff. However, it came with a fly bridge and semi-open cockpit with only 1 set of windows. It was my dad who extended the cockpit into a salon and added the second set (rear) windows...it was not stock...100% custom. He also installed salon doors to close in the cockpit and removed the flybridge. The boat was sold to a couple of guys who re-named the boat Spirit of Spice. This was in NJ around 1981. aside from the lack of bow railing, I would swear that was the same boat. Also, the original boat had bunk beds which we converted to a couch. From what I can see, that is the same boat due to the customization. I included picture of me and my dad in 1976 on that boat.
    FB_IMG_1624228079396.jpg

fallguy likes this.

5. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

At least one of the people in this thread is no longer living. And the thread is 13 years old. It'd be great to find out if the boat is still around.