1958 19' owens deluxe runabout

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by owens 58, Jan 21, 2014.

1. owens 58

owens 58 Junior Member

Ahoy ! 1st timer to this site , just retired equipment operator and found a one owner 1958 owens deluxe runabout . I'm going to try restore her to her original glory ! This is a very big project , and I've never attempted anything like it. Slow and steady ........ any ideas , tips , resources and especially pictures would be greatly appreciated , .Thanks for checking out my thread

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Your best bet is to have a knowledgeable boat carpenter or surveyor to check her out and make a plan of action.

3. FMS

FMS Senior Member

That is good advice.
    It happens all too often the deeper you get into the work, the more becomes obvious. A critical boatbuilder or surveyor who has done this restoration before to give your boat a thorough inspection is a good investment in the project.
    Are you in northern or southern California?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.