1952 Dey/Haag and 1996 Lewandowski papers needed

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Olav, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Olav

Olav naval architect

Hi all,

I'm after the following papers which I need for my thesis:

Day, J. P. and Haag, R. J. (1952), "Planing Boat Porpoising – A Study of the Critical Boundaries for a Series of Prismatic Hulls"

Lewandowski, Edward M. (1996), "Prediction of the Dynamic Roll Stability of Hard-Chine Planing Craft"

Maybe somebody has something to share?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. yipster

yipster designer

3. Olav

Olav naval architect

Thanks Yipster,

but I do need the original papers. I have quite a lot of secundary literature on this topic (i. a. "Hydrodynamics of High-Speed Marine Vehicles" by Odd Magnus Faltinsen which is the first result of one of your Google links) but I'm not only interested in Dey/Haag's and Lewandowski's conclusions but even more in their methodology and approach on dynamic stability criteria.

4. Olav

Olav naval architect

Sorry for digging out this old thread, but I really need these papers. Anyone, please?

Thanks in advance!

5. yipster

yipster designer

6. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

The Lewandowski paper was published in the Journal of Ship Research by the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. You may be able to purchase a copy of that paper or the complete magazine through their website: http://www.sname.org/SNAME/SNAME/Home/

I hope that helps.

Eric

7. yipster

yipster designer

sorry Eric, i posted seconds faster :p

its a farce and guess http://www.opendns.com/ gives you acces in usa restricted books
    bit of a hassle and not sure if its an complete open book with pages 144–148 in it, is it?

8. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

I just checked with SNAME, the Lewandowski paper is available for purchase separately for US$40 for non-members, and US$20 for members. You can find it in the library section under Journal of Ship Research at the SNAME website.

Eric

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.