Looking for Plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Elander, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Elander

Elander New Member

Hi,

I am starting on a project boat, I recovered a 1970 Carver Monterey 2780
    A 27 foot Wooden hulled boat. I tried contacting Carver to see if they had archives of plans for this model but have not recieved a response from them. Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on where to look. I am beginning to work on the restore of this boat, I had to remove the bow decking and bows and i steam bent a few new bows, I am having some problems with how to bend the 2x2 rub rail that is attached to the stringers as the deck gets screwed to the outside edge. It looks like i am going to have to replace the transom and redo a bottom repair where it looks like a shoddy repair was done. This is my second boat i have restored, although this is the first i have done with this much woodwork needing to be done. Not sure where to start. The boat was stored improperly and this let to some rot on the top deck. Any help or ideas would be helpful, I plan on posting some pictures next week and as things progress.

Thanks

Dave

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member