190 CCF 19Ft Wellcraft 115hp/Johnson questions

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by coastieds, Jun 16, 2007.

1. coastieds

coastieds New Member

First off, I have been looking all over to find information and have a hard time finding it. I would appreciate if anyone could help.

1. What is the size of the fuel tank?

2. What kind of prop would be best for 115hp Johnson outboard?

3. My skeg is also slightly bent, enough for the boat to pull hard to the right when at max speed. Is it possible to weld a new one on?, or would I need a whole new bottom unit to the motor?

Thanks....

2. flydog

flydog Junior Member

Bent Skeg

Does your boat motor have electric trim? If so, does it still pull to the right after being trimmed? The reason I ask is that I use to own a bass boat with a 115hp 2 stroke Mercury outboard that would pull to the right at high speeds until it was trimmed. The previous owner of this boat hit a log at high speed and broke the skeg, bent the stainless prop, bent the driveshaft, and bent the crankshaft. The prop and skeg were repaired, and his insurance paid for a new powerhead! The skeg can be repaired, but make sure you find a reputable shop. I used a the 3 bladed ss prop( I forget the pitch), and I bought a 4 bladed prop from Overtons.com that was made of a composite material. The brand name was COMP PROP. The good thing about a composite prop is that if you hit something, the the prop, not the driveshaft breaks. The bad thing is that a composite prop will break easier than an aluminum or ss prop.

I hope this helps.

flydog

3. coastieds

coastieds New Member

I do have electric trim, but doesnt seem to make a difference. Thanks for your help

coastieds

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.