Wooden Boat Magazines

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by messabout, May 24, 2015.

1. messabout

messabout Senior Member

I have about 50 of these beautiful magazines dating from 1993 to 20001. I will give them to whomever might find them interesting or useful. Shipping cost only. I have enjoyed these magazines thoroughly and have also learned some useful boat stuff from them.

The lot will weigh about 40 pounds.

PM me if interested.

2. boatenthusiast

boatenthusiast Junior Member

would you do cash on delivery?

3. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

I had a subscription to Wooden Boat back in the 80s through early 90s. Great magazine.

4. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

I also have a bunch starting from issue #1. The first several years are reprints. If anyone is trying to fill in a hole in their collection, I can probably help.

5. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Ask Your local Library if they want them. You can deduct the value from your taxes as a donation, and you will be exposing kids and adults to great boat building material. Many libraries like to get donations like this. If they don't want them ask them if they know of a library that would like to have them.

1 person likes this.
  6. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Good suggestion Ike. In this case one of the forum members has declared "dibs" on them. It seems to me that the forum guys, boat nuts one and all, will appreciate or profit from the content more than the casual reader.

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

No problem. Just a suggestion. I donated my collection to the Wooden Boat Foundation library in Port Townsend. That way I achieved both. I get a write off and the library patrons are mostly boat builders and other "boat nuts".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.