Boat identification help request

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by jvh100, Aug 15, 2014.

1. jvh100

jvh100 New Member

Hello everybody. I would like to ask for your assistance in helping to identify my boat please.[​IMG] It was built in the United Kingdom but have no idea by whom, or when.

the stern is a double ended type with the outboard sitting between the two ends so to speak. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    John.

2. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Can you post a photo from behind?

3. jvh100

jvh100 New Member

I don't have one available at the moment, however, i will take one and post it. In the meantime, this one may assist?

[​IMG]

Many thanks for your reply.

John.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

That isn't a double ended boat, but a transom stern, with a cut for the well. Frankly I see no reason for this "innovation" other then to be difference and make construction harder, plus decrease her performance abilities a tad. She looks to have a early skiff hull, which is essentially a flat bottom boat with rounded bilge turns and a moderately fine entry. Her buttocks don't appear to "tuck up" much, so she'd probably be able to plane off with enough power. On a boat that size 15 HP would get the job done (full plane mode), but she wouldn't have much reserve, so 20 HP would be better. This assumes she's not overly heavy. As to what she is, well who knows without a HIN or other identifying marks/builder's plate, etc.

If that was my boat, I'd be inclined to make the transom conventional and gain some usable cockpit space.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.