Building small cruising catamaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by terhohalme, Dec 31, 2007.

1. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

Hi all,

Started to build a new small family catamaran, Catharsis 26. We cnc-cutted two building jigs for a hull and a deck in two days. Now waiting a huge stack of nidaplast (nidacore) to start the project of two similar catamarans.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  2. jamez

jamez Senior Member

Hi Terho,
    I'll be following this with interest. Do you have a website for the build? Also a question. I notice the Catharsis is very similar overall to the BoxCat 26. I notice the Boxcat is a little wider and has more sail, but otherwise is similar indisplacement and layout. Is the Boxcat 26 an easy build version of the Catharsis? If there are other differences between the 2 that are not obvious could you please elaborate?

cheers

3. JCD

JCD Follow the Bubbles!

Hello Terho...dido.

Did you cut on your own equipment or is it rented?

J:cool:

4. terhohalme

Jamez,
    New website is under consideration. BoxCat was just a proposal, a spar-buoy by the route, design never completed, boat never built.

JCF,
    I'm lucky to work in Omnia Vocational College and I can use cnc of our boat department.

5. Janez

Janez New Member

Contact

Hello terhohalme

I am also interested in this design but i am unable to contact designer trought the e-mail on his web page. Do you now on which mail i can contact him? Thanks.

Lp
    J

6. terhohalme

Janez, answered you via email.

7. terhohalme

Catharsis 26 advance

Hello all,

Redesigned the bows and she grew up to 27 ft... We changed the daggerboards to LAR keels to get more room inside.

Almost all the 160 sheets of nidaplast are now infused by polyester and 0/90 850 g/m2 glass for two catamarans. The longest infusions was more than 9.5 meter long. The sheets are nc-machined, numbered and piled for construction. We have used now some 1100 men hours for two catamaran.

When the college starts in the middle of August, the students will start the construction work.

Terho

Attached Files:

8. terhohalme

Catharsis 27

Some new models:

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.