20yr old 1st time boat owner: floor restoration project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by FisherFanatic, Sep 1, 2007.

1. FisherFanatic

FisherFanatic Floor help

I bought a 16' 1963 dickschus fiberglass bass boat. I am trying to build a floor myself and am wondering exactly what steps to take. Everything im finding online is simply running me around in circles. From what ive found so far i need to get epoxy resin?? or something and put a layer on the very bottom. then do i build my supports for the gap between the bottom of my plywood to the floor and seal all edges off? I really dont know what im doing but with a little guidance im sure i can make this a quality project. please help me with the exact steps i should take or ideas from people who have already done this and have been through the trial/error deal of restoration. PLEASE HELP I APPRECIATE ANYONE EVEN READING THIS. IM TRYING TO FISH BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER! THANK YOU ALL FISHERMAN/BOATERS

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

This is a topic that has much coverage on this site. Using the search tool and some key words, you'll find hundreds of posts about sole replacement (floor), using epoxy, bonding wood and 'glass pieces, etc.

I typed in "sole repair" and got 32 threads with approximately 300 total replies.

3. FisherFanatic

FisherFanatic Floor help

Thanks par, im doin that now. terminoligy would be a big help too. gotta learn everything at least once right? thanks for the help

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.