Standard horizon CP1000c condensation problem

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by stefilippelli, Mar 28, 2007.

1. stefilippelli

stefilippelli New Member

:mad: I m the equipment officer of a small dive club in Dublin Ireland. we bought a Standard Horizon CP1000C.the unit has been a problem very soon after being installed. a lot of condensation appears behind the screen and stays there. viewing the display becomes difficult to impossible. the unit was sent back to the dealer who sent it back to Standard horizon. re-launched the boat last week-end after refitting the unit SAME PROBLEM.!!!! At £1,600.00 for the unit we expected better!!
    contacted dealer who tells me this is common on large displays. we had a lowrance unit on the previous boat never had a problem with it.
    can anyone tell me it similar problems have occurred on a Standard Horizon CP1000C to others or is it that our unit is faulty and should be replaced?
    in advance thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.