Tri, Tri, Tri

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Robert A Walker, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Robert A Walker

Robert A Walker New Member

I just made off with a "free boat," (no such thing as a free boat.)

What kind of boat do I have? Fiberglass over plywood. 20210911_113113.jpg

Sincerely,

Trailer Bob

Attached Files:

2. Russell Brown

Russell Brown Senior Member

Piver Nugget.

3. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Go the Nugget. Historical boat. Probably the first modern trimaran to go offshore - Russell's dad took his version down the west coast in about 1958. Arthur Piver then designed a larger version, the Nimble that he sailed across the Atlantic and trimarans were off and running.
    Very historical for me - a nugget was my first trimaran. Mine didn't fold like yours.
    Simple boats but good sailors with a nice daggerboard, good rig and kept light.

Video and link to Small trimarans page on the Nugget. Be good to the boat, she is an important historical treasure.

Piver Nugget Trimaran Images & Videos (Plus Site Links) | Small Trimarans http://smalltrimarans.com/blog/piver-nugget-trimaran-images-with-site-links/

And you may like to read Jim Brown's book "Among the multihulls" that tells the story of multi development in which the Nugget plays a big role. A good story well told.

http://www.outrigmedia.com/books/among-the-multihulls-volume-one.html

Have fun and keep her light and as designed. Piver did a good job with the Nugget.

skyking1 and bajansailor like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.