1 prop or 2 human powerd

Discussion in 'Props' started by creekhound, Dec 8, 2009.

1. creekhound

creekhound Help me !!!!

Ok here is were i am going with this a 16 inch prop has been recommended to me for a small boat.But in the intrest of draft i was told a eight inch prop would work i would just have to make it.So next problem was all designs but cats made it to were you could not git to prop if you got weeds on it.So what if i used 2 six inch props one on either side of boat.I am not an enginer but this should be more touqey than one prop so i would take off faster.But i imagin i would loose some top end speed.But with props being on the sides and only 6 inchs round i would only draft7 or 8 inchs of water instead of a boat with 4 inch draft and a 8 inch prop making 12 inch draft and no access to prop.So what do you all think i am not going for speed this will be a fishing vessel.

2. creekhound

creekhound Help me !!!!

Hmm can anyone help

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

One prop would be much more efficient but it sounds like two would be

more practical. I believe your question is already answered, no?

-Tom

P.S. You can probably use a model airplane prop and save yourself a heap

of work making one, oops, I mean two.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.