1.9 tdi ads-pre alpha 1.32 interrupt switch issue

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by Philip b16, Apr 8, 2021.

1. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Hi Philip got your message thanks ,I have checked both sleeves ,and no clever trix I am afraid .Your injection system is not completely electronic ,only the fuel quantity is controlled by the ECU, which may be a good thing, I have no detailed knowledge of this particular ECU but I would suggest a visit to the VW forums ,where a great deal of re-mapping seems to go on . Somewhere in the dim and distant past I think I remember VW produced a marine version of this engine ,but with a different ECU, but I may be wrong. Good luck.

2. Philip b16

Philip b16 Junior Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Anthony.

3. Philip b16

Philip b16 Junior Member

Update:
    all testing on the issue with gear selection so far has been carried out with boat strapped to my trailer, half in half out of the water.
    Tonight I decided to go out on the river and see if the forward motion of the boat (and a 700rpm idle speed )would make any difference and you wouldn’t believe it but it is going in and out of gear quite easily nearly every time.
    It does stall going into reverse now and again so not quite there yet but I’m feeling far more optimistic now.
    Thanks for everyone who offered me advice it sure is appreciated.

4. Radu Druncea

Radu Druncea New Member

Hello, I have same issue. Marinised a 2.0tdi PD engine on a Alpha one gen2 1.65R. I'm trying to get the engine speed close to 700, unfortunately the software table gets no lower than 730 rpm. And the engine stays on a steady idle at 760. Lower than 750 rpm it starts to shake and the injected quantity bounces from 0 to 28 grams, 0 again, 28... It is easy to shift even from reverse to neutral but it is not good for the engine or the boat. If you get any better results on your EDC15 ASZ engine please let me know. Mine is a EDC16U1/U34.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.