Soundproof cabin sole

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Willallison, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I've seen adverts for sound / vibration proof panels that are used for cabin soles - can anyone point me to a website for a manufacturer?

2. fcfc

fcfc Senior Member

3. Capt. Chris

Capt. Chris Junior Member

Will,
    I have purchased their soundproofing materials and highly recommend them. They are very helpfull. I used their lead /foam for a diesel engine room application and also isolated engine mounts. The noise reduction was huge! They can custom frabricate mats to your specs if needed. Check the web www.soundown.com or call them 781-631-9611 . They are in Marblehead, Mass. USA
    Chris

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Thanks guys - no it wasn't a Soundown product. I did a little more research and came across a bit more info, but I suspect the sole that I was referring to was in fact a custom installation, not a production type product as I had 1st thought. Thaks for the input anyway...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.