Software : General 3D Modeling
- LGX engineering
Lofter is the first 3D surface modeler, powered by Microsoft Excel, with object shape controlled by means of a fast, easy and flexible programmable technology.
Originally developed for marine and aerodynamic applications (design of hulls, appendages, bulbs, foils, wings and other airfoil shaped surfaces), Lofter finds his natural extension in a broad range of applications, where shape continuity and surface smoothness are strongly required.
A suite of interactive tools and smart algorithms allows controlling the surface shape and curvatures during the design session.
At each design step, Hydrodynamics, Stability and dimensional parameters are calculated and printed on line.
Lofter outputs lattices of surface points coordinates in tabular form, for renderers and the CAD/CAM sources used for CAE analysis and definition of interiors and final detailing.
Specific Rhinoscript commands are also added to quickly export the Lofter grids to Rhinoceros. (Added: 21-Jan-2018 Hits: 16) My Links | Rate | Cached | Visit LGX engineering
- Pod Drive Forum added to our propulsion forums
- Sailboat Design Forums reorganized: MotorSailers, Multihulls, and Monohull Sailboats.
- New Boatbuilding Article Added: Free Forming in Fiberglass.
- New Design Article Added: Working With Developable Surfaces.
- Electrical Systems Forum Added.
- Propulsion Forum Added.
- DIY Marine Engine Conversion Forum Added.
- Stephen C. Baker selected for March Design Award.
- LeisureCat / AussieCat Australia sponsors Boatbuilders Category.
- Bo Zolland, Hermanform, and Dolvik Boats selected for May Design Award.
- The images our 1300 members have added to the Gallery so far have been viewed over 470,000 times - you are invited to add your boat design & boat building images as well.
- OX7.1PS Design Featured.
- Jim Antrim / Antrim Associates selected for November Design Award.
- The images added to our Gallery so far have been viewed over 130,000 times - you are invited to add your boat design & boat building images as well.
- If you are holding a boat design or boatbuilding related event, please take a second to register and add it to our calendar of events.
- We now have over 800 Boat Design Forum members and over 5000 posts.
- Linssen Yachts / Don Shead selected for July Design Award.
- Image Gallery Added to Boat Design Net - Please Add your design and boatbuilding photos.
- Welcome to our newest sponsor: Industrial Object.
- Option 1 Design Project Powering Options - surface drive, inboard, stern drive, or outboard.
- Van Dam Wood Craft selected for May Design Award.
- Option 1 Design Project: Construction Methods - it's never to late to get involved in the project.
- Collaborative Design / Yacht Design Competition proposed.
- New Magazine - International Amateur Boat Building Magazine.
- Design Article: Foam Core Materials in the Marine Industry.
- Project Proposal: proa design for handicapped sailors.
- The Seaway Group / J & J Design selected for March Design Award.
- Design Article: History of Sailing Yacht Masts, Rigging, and Sails.
- Gallery of Student Design work proposed.
Top Rated Sites