Virgin Builder here.

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by nancur373, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nancur373

nancur373 Junior Member

Looking for plans for 18-22' runabout walkthrough. Any help would be appriecated. And should I go with conventional or stitch and glue?

Thanks

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The construction method is dependant on what you feel most comfortable with.

Plank on frame doesn't have a lot of need for high tech coatings and goo's. It's usually heavier, but understandable for the average person. Taped seam or stitch and glue are thick on the use of epoxy and other goo's, which many find issue in using. Both methods work well and each has advantages and disadvantages to understand.

I have designs for both methods in this size range. If you'd like to contact me through email (click on my name) I'd be happy to show what I have available.

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

stitch and glue is for , um er , octopuses for one, you need 8 pairs hands, and it messy and totally unrewarding, I would make up some temporary bulkheads, set them upon a jig and then develope your ply, or plank with cedar or whatever, , there is a nice example somewhere in the forum, of a wee sailing boat, really there are no shortcuts in boatbuilding, there are many ways, methods that are RIGHT, but stitch glue aint one of them

4. nancur373

nancur373 Junior Member

Does anyone know a company that sells full size plans AND a how-to DVD?

5. boatbuilder.org

boatbuilder.org Junior Member