She's ready to turn over

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by ucb4ume, Feb 2, 2008.

1. ucb4ume

ucb4ume Junior Member

Well, it's been a cold, wet winter here in South Louisiana and it's been a little difficult to get motivated to go outside and work on the boat when it's 45 degrees, windy and raining. I know, I know, some of you are suffering through sub zero temperatures, but the cool, wet weather has also made it difficult to work with epoxy.

The work has been slow, but I have made some progress. The lift strakes and spray rail have been installed and the bottom has been painted (I used epoxy/graphite for the bottom paint). I've also put one more coat of epoxy on the top sides, but it's not the final finish.

Now I need a trailer. As soon as it get one, I'll flip the boat over, put her on the trailer and start on the deck and interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Blimey ucb4ume, this thing is so shiny I have to use sunglases just to view the pics !! Other than that it looks good. Lets see the inside.

3. grady

grady Novice

Wow

Nice job! I'm so envious.

Best of luck with her, how long till she's finished?

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

What a beauty this one's gonna be, ucb4ume. Extreme shininess, yes.... but will look classy beyond belief when she's right side up and turning heads away from the $800,000 yachts on the adjacent docks.

5. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Oh my gawd!

6. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Artemis. are you ready to dig out of that Portland snow and come down to the south coast to go fishing and to look at this old paddlewheeler before she dies?

K9

7. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

You guys need to add this fellow some rep points for this work. I gave all it would let me.

K9

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hey thats my pick up you got there, thats my motor, only mine has'nt got a dent in the bumper.

Is that metalic green? geez its identical have you got 14 or 15 inch wheels.

And yer boats looks good.

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

ucb4ume, YOU must like the boat, never mind what we say here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.