Secena 14 foot Pacific Dory

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Wbflyer, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Wbflyer

Wbflyer New Member

Hello!

I am just finishing up my simply ply 11 foot kayak and looking to build this dory by Spira. I bought the plans but having a heck of a time trying to decipher what they are trying to tell me. Does any one have any experience building this boat?

Is there a guide specific to this boat? Thanks!

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It looks like a heavily built power skiff. What problems do you have with the plans?

3. Wbflyer

Wbflyer New Member

Thanks for the reply, I can't really tell how to setup the rids on the strong back. How to you secure them and do you need to fair the ribs to accommodate the ply sides?

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Go to the Glen-L boat site and click on outboards. there you will see all their dory's and note the names, then go to customer photos and see all the build pics. This may help you understand the plans you have.

5. Wbflyer

Wbflyer New Member

Perfect, thanks! Mine is from Spira International but I would assume most dory's are build in the same manner

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.