river boat in greek river evros

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by petk98, Oct 10, 2007.

1. petk98

petk98 New Member

hallo to everyone. i am from Greece and i am interested in building a wooden boat.the traditional boats in this river are always made by the owners (fisherman).their length isabout 6 to 8 meters and wide 1.10 to 1.50 meters. all of them are flatbottom and are using small outbord engines.10 to 30 hp. i wish to build a boat about 7.5 meters and power it with a 20 to 30 hp outbord. thats because it is a big and brash river. of course flatbottom and with the best stability. any help for plannig and building would be precious. ialso must say that i want to make it from sea plywood and cover it with polyester. thank you for any advice.

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Exactly what sort of help do you need?
    Are you looking for a lines plan?
    Do you need construction details?
    If you like the local boats, perhaps you could get advice and dimensions from some of the fishermen.

3. Çemberci

Çemberci Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.