polyurathane bed liner

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by overshoot, Dec 6, 2005.

1. overshoot

overshoot New Member

First off I am new to this sight so hello:) . I just built a Spira International oysterman. It is my second boat this year. The other one is a Welsford jons boat. I have to confess that I used exterior BC plywood on both. More because these are my first boats and didn’t know how they would turn out (I even surprised myself). I did go through a hole pallet at lowes and home depot to get 8 sheets with no voids. I am using these boats for fishing, hunting and camping. Therefore I beach them a lot and the paint is already wearing off the bottom. Both boats are epoxy and glass on the outside. I checked on the web and found out that they make roll on poly bed liner in a smooth finish. Would this work on the outside of the hull for protection?

2. Howgegoboat

Howgegoboat Junior Member

Poly paint,

Hi Poly paint should work well,
    Either marine grade or dare I say it exterior house paint!
    Welsford likes it alot, says its just as good as epoxy.
    I've just used black bituemen paint on my first canoe as an experiment followed by white exterior paint followed by blue ext paint (what I had in garage!)see how it fairs! On top of ext pine ply of all things!
    What about epoxy floor paint, or poly floor paint?
    Yours James

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.