Curlew - a made-to-measure, stitch & glue, nesting dinghy

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by goolawah, Feb 2, 2008.

1. goolawah

goolawah Junior Member

I always thought that Canadians invented ice yachts!

No shortage of lakes in your part of the world. With a lake like that at your back door you don't need a caravan and a boat, you could practically carry your 'ancient kayak' to the water. Our trip to the Tweed valley was a 2 1/2 hour drive from home.

Of course, the other thing that happens for us as summer approaches is frequent, and often violent, tropical thunderstorms. Not nice conditions to be out on the water.

2. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

There have been moments when I considered trying the kayak down a nice snowy slope, but the new medication helped me to deal with that.

I got a scare a couple of years ago, out on the lake, far end (it's not very big), heard a rumbling. I was enjoying myself so much, watching our local heron family trying to evade my prying eye and occasionally getting splashed by a surprised trout (they seem to get very involved in whatever they do down there), I hadn't noticed the conditions had changed from bright and sunny to dark and threatening. Had to put the head down and scoot; wished I'd had a faster boat, but I made it back. had this feeling of a target painted over my head all the time.

An ice yacht would be fun but I've only rarely seen nice level ice, it's usually chopped up, probably due to the stream that runs through the lake.

3. evets

evets New Member

nesting boat plan

Hello could you possibly tell me how much the purchase price is for your nesting boat please? I have been trying to get started on a flapdoodle folding boat,but the plans are so vague and confusing i am pulling my hair out, I am an engineer by trade, so am not completely naive, Just looking for a nice little progect for myself and the kids to work on.

cheers

Evets

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.