Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Construction > Boatbuilding > Wooden Boat Building and Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
1957 Chris Craft Holiday

We just purchased a 1957 Chris Craft Holiday that is in pretty good restored shape. My question for today is, it doesn't have a Chris Craft plaque, or decal on the boat and I would like to know what would be authentic to this boat? It is the 17'11" model. Thank you, anyone, for your help
Pearlady

Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Rep: 1400 Posts: 3,687
Try to source some old photos of the boat. Normally, Chris Crafts of that era had the name "Chris Craft" in chromed brass on each side back aft. you may find the original screw holes in that area, maybe two or three holes for each word. They would show as filled in dots, an indication that the original nameplates were not saved, maybe because they were badly pitted.
I don't know how easy it would be to find replacements, though you'd be surprised what is available out there for a price.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Provocateur & Raconteur

Rep: 657 Posts: 744
Not to drive you away from Boatdesign.net but the Chris Craft Owners club might have more references specific to your boat.

http://www.chris-craft.org/index.php
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Yacht Designer/Builder

Rep: 3725 Posts: 14,532
Commonly there were three sizes of Chris Craft logo (three pieces), you probably had the medium one. I have a few small and large ones laying around the shop, but no medium ones. There area several places you can get reproductions or rechromed originals. Boat shows and swap meets or on line resellers.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:15 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 30
- Both sides should have "Chris-Craft" logo painted on (decals used nowadays...)
- There should be a small or medium chromed brass logo on the dash.
- Transom should have the medium logo...

Side Decal:

Transom:

You should be able to get these from either ClassicBoatConnection.com or FineWoodBoats.com