Levi drives

Discussion in 'Surface Drives' started by ted655, Dec 11, 2006.

1. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Levi Drive Side Winder (LD240-250 SW)

Here one of our newest Drives the "Levi Side Winder" LD 240-250 SW. This drive needs a 45 degree transom, is lighter and cheaper than the original Levi Drive, produced in stainless steel 316L and has no outside hydraulic parts. No more problems with barnalers on the hydraulics. This particular drive can turn propellers up to a diameter of 24 inches and has a rudder and propeller diameter of 2.5 inches.

Attached Files:

2. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Here one of our newest Drives the "Levi Side Winder" LD 240-250 SW. This drive needs a 45 degree transom, is lighter and cheaper than the original Levi Drive, produced in stainless steel 316L and has no outside hydraulic parts. No more problems with barnacels on the hydraulics. This particular drive can turn propellers up to a diameter of 24 inches and has a rudder and propeller diameter of 2.5 inches.

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Do you have distribution in the US?
    And is there a current price sheet?

4. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Levi Drive prices

I think the forum rules don't alow to publish prices. Please contact us direct under rudi@levidrives.com.

No, we do our marketing direct. This save the enduser about 20 % of his cost. With internet, DHL and UPS etc. it works just fine.

Best Regards
    Rudolf Scholz
    Naval Architect & Marine Engineer

5. sunteck

sunteck New Member

Hello!
    I am looking for xrudi at levidrive.
    No luck with website or email.
    Does someone now what happend?

6. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

I'm back from Prison

Dear All.

On first of April 2012 I and my co -director was arrested in Port Dickson (Malaysia) on bogus immigration charges (overstay of my tourist visa). I was held in prison for 4 month lost 20 kg and suffered a heart attack.
    I'm back and my e-mail address rudi@levidrives.com is working again. I will write more about this later.
    Cheers Rudi

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hi Rudi ---4 months!!!!! I had'nt heard about this.

20KG that would bring you down to about the right size.

When you say co director you don't mean Sony do you?

8. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

No, I don't mean Sonny.
    Here my Storyy. I will write a book about it.

Levi Drives Sdn Bhd
    Making your boat even faster and efficient!

The company, “Levi Drives Sdn Bhd,” (Sdn Bhd, means “limited company” in America) was founded in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan (NS, the name of the Malaysian State), Malaysia on the 6th of August, 2011. The company specialized in the production of surface drives and surface propellers. These are especially useful for making watercrafts even faster, and more efficient. The products ar often used for fast commercial, and military water crafts. Levi Drives is spearheading surface drive technology worldwide. At present, the paid up capital is 500,000 RM (Malaysian Ringget approx, 150,000 €). The shares for the company are in the hands of the two directors; Ms. Helen Alves (Phillippines) and Mr. Rudolf Scholz (Germany).

In September 2011, Levi Drives requested a special employment pass from MIDA (Malysian Investment Developing Agency). Levi Drives requested pioneer status and visas for Ms. Helen Alves, and Mr. Rudolf Scholz. A Keypost visa for Ms. Alves and a Tempost visa for Mr. Scholz. Both positions were approved with a letter from the first of October, 2011. In spite of six total visits to the immigration department in Sentral 1, Kula Kumpur, the special visas were neither approved nor denyed until the first of April 2012. The company was assured several times by the immigrated department officals that everything was in progress and alright. They were told that the delay in the stamping the passport for the visa was a pure technicality and would be sorted out shortly.

On April 1. 2012 at about 20:00 hours, the two directors of Levi Drives Sdn Bhd were arrested by the enforcement branch of the immigration department at Mr. Scholz’s yacht, Catiana in Port Dickson. The officals acted on an anonymous tip from the public. The immigration officals who seized the directors were looking for drugs,weapons and ammunition. Posession of these items is punishable by death in Malaysia.

All of the directors posessions were searched (yachts, house, car) without a search warrent. None of these items were found. Despite this fact, Mr. Scholz and Ms. Alves were arrested. They were brought to the Depot Lenggeng (Immigration Prison) near Seremban (major city in the south of Kuala Lumpur). During the court session on the 12th of April, 2012 the directors were charged with overstaying their tourist visa. Director Helen Alves received a two month prison sentence since she pleaded guilty. The prison conditions were too much for her to bear. Rudolf Scholz received a three month and 10 day prison sentence because he pleaded innocent. Mr. Scholz ended up staying an additional three weeks, because he was not allowed to use a computer to contact his family who would help him finance his ticket home to Germany immediatly.

1. Statement: Levi Drives Sdn Bhd and its directors have/had no intention to violate the immigration laws in Malaysia. They consider such actions unproductive. Levi Drives does not have any motives to commence such actions. It was hoped that the court proceedings would shed light into the proper procedure to obtain visas for its operation of Levi drives, Test Boats, Sales and Production. The directors are very disappointed that this was not the case.

The answers to the following questions are still pending:

1. Why were the filed visa applications for the two directors of Levi Drives, delayed for a period of five months?
    Especially, after MIDA had approved the two post immigration positions for the directors? The visas were never denyed nor given in this period of five months. Even the slowest immigration offical can do this in a period of two weeks!

2.) What is the normal wait time for visa applications for direct investors in Malaysia? (Two to three weeks, or six months?)

3.) In whose interest is it, that Levi Drives Sdn Bhd does not operate in Malaysia?

4.) Why were the two directors assured by the immigration officals not be concerned, that the visas were appoved and the stamping of the passports was just a formality? Are government officials responsible for their actions and consequences? The company followed given instructions to the point.

5.) The company was never officially informed that the visa for the two directors were delayed. They were never advised to leave the country, get another visas or told to make a U-turn.

6.) Why was Mr. Scholz asked if he was willing to pay a fine at the inital investigation, in Port Dicoson at four o clock in the morning? Was this an attempt to ask for a bribe?
    Are enforcement officers allowed to make such offers?

7.) During the investigation from 20:00 hours to 4:30 in the morning on the 2nd of April, excessive force was used, resulting in a heart attack for Mr. Rudolf Schoz at 3:30. No medical attention was given to him until 16:00 hours on the second of April. Why was such force used? After all, this is not a murder case.

8.) Mr. Scholz was running a buisness in Malaysia, why was he charged with overstaying a tourist visa, not running a buisness without a proper buisness visa?

9.) Why were both directors tried in seperate court cases and not together? Because of excessive pressure and promise of early release, Ms. Helen Alves pleaded guilty knowing that she is not. This was done with the consensus of Mr. Rudolf Scholz.

10.) If this is a prime example of Malaysian hospitality to its direct investors, future direct investors should be warned! Levi Drives could have easily transferred its money and knowledge to another country in the region. If they would have been told that Malaysia is not interested in their technology.

11.) Mr. Scholz was sentenced to 100 days in prison, and banned from entering Malaysia for five years. This was done in spite of the chief prosecuter Mr. Said’s promise that he would not be black listed. This was the basis for Mr. Scholz’s guilty plea.

In conclusion, this entire case has caused Mr. Scholz’s life savings to be frozen in Malaysia. It has caused a terrible loss of buisness, as he could not attend to his costumers while in jail for nearly four months. It has damaged his health as he did not receive proper medical care while in prison. He suffers from high blood pressure, which resulted in several heart attacks. He is now at home in Germany where he is finally receiving propper medical attention.

9. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Are you surprised at this experience in such a country as Malaysia?

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yes I am.

You will be part of Asia 2015 as an import export free trade member.

11. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

I was living in Malaysia for about 10 years and I considered it a nice country. I was not aware about its "dark side". It is a still a developing counrty and has some teething problems. There is a saying "Big men have problems, small men go to jail". I believe, I could have paid my way out of this problem, but I thought this might not be the right way. There are many small men in this camps and jails who don't have a chance that anybody will hear them. I hope my experience and writing about the conditions will contribute toward a change.

Of course, it is easy to relocate our company to another country in the region or back to Germany, but is this not like running away and leave your fellow shipmate on a leaking ship, you having a good idea where the leak is? I think Malaysia needs some help on its way into the first world.

12. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

By 2015 New Zealand will be close to $80 Billion more in debt at the moment $1 Million an hour. We have a Chinese style Cultural Revolution with the Maori claiming that they own the WATER who knows where we will go.We have no place to run from our crazy government,and thousands of Kiwi are returning from overseas.New Zealand will make a great food basket for some aggressive country who can walk in any time they choose. We have our dark side too and we are prone to doing a Haka (war-dance) at the least provocation, does that frighten you off coming here? All our imports to add value to our products cost more than any returns and we export all our quality food products and live on the left-overs. I hope the Mars explorer finds a nice patch of land of milk and honey for me.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Asia's free trade agreement of which NZ and Auss will be part of will mean some cheap cheese and you will be able to buy some new cars made in Thailand such as Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Honda etc etc, maybe even some cheap Levi drives.

14. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

so you were sitting in a foreign country knowingly having overstayed your visa?

15. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

No. I went to the immigration department in Seremban on 21.12.2011 (a day before my tourist visa expired) and asked for an extention. They told me that it would be ok. and cost 100 RM and I could pick up the passport after Christmas.

When I wanted to pick up the tourist visa extention after Christmas, I was told that they could not give an extention of the tourist visa since I was under MIDA and my special visa was already processed. The computer didn't allow for two visas. I told them that MIDA was closed till 15. Januar 2012. They told me that I should not worry and pick up the visa when officer in charge would be back from their holidays.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.