Gray on Bravo upper units

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by IMP-ish, May 29, 2013.

1. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Looking at photos of a boat. What do you make of this gray on the upper units of the Bravo Drives?

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Since you are running a shower cooling system, this is probably a high power installation. They may be overheating. Also, hot salt water is corrosive and that may also be the cause.

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

It's not my boat. I saw it on the internet and my first reaction was I don't like the look of that gray. Heat is what I thought too. Don't know if it's overheating or if that happens in some water and is normal. Notice no discoloration where the mercruiser logo is or below that. Engines are stock 502s. Has anybody seen drive showers discolor an upper like this before? I've seen mineral stains on a drive before. Those were more like defined streaks going from upper all the way down the sides.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.