Longitudinal Strength Calculation in Autohydro

Discussion in 'Stability' started by athvas, Jul 6, 2014.

1. athvas

athvas Senior Member

Anybody know how to give input for calculating Longitudinal Strength Calculation for Cargo Vessel in Autoship. Plz share how to give input run file. (As per Class requirements)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I'd suggest doing the old fashioned way...by hand.
    It is not difficult, just a bit more time consuming. Then when you work out how to do it in Autoship...you can double check the results of the software.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

With all due respect but I do not think it necessary to "double check the results of the software." The software, I'm sure, will do well the calculations, there is no need to check it. The problem may be, in my opinion, Athvas does not know how to do hand calculations and therefore does not know how to ask the program to make them.
    Assuming Athvas know how to do that, what he needs is someone to tell him how to prepare the file for the program to work.
    If anyone knows, the time has come to help. Otherwise, it is better not tangle.
    I do not know Autoship and therefore I can not give the solution, sorry....

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

There is ALWAYS a need to double check the software. One should never blindly accept computer program results without double checking them for verification and peace of mind that it works correctly. Otherwise its a simple case of GiGo...

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Of course, Ad Hoc, your words are very wise, guided by your experience of many years and many softwares. But my experience as a software developer is that most of the failures caused by the use of the programs in general is due to lack of user knowledge of both the theory and the program he is using.
    This is compounded by the inability to obtain, in many cases, the user read and understand the User's Guide

6. athvas

athvas Senior Member

Yes, the problem is the input run file in Autohydro. if anyone have calculated using autohydro can share it. Yes ofcourse it is good practice to compare the software results with manual calculation for our satisfaction.

7. Hopital

Hopital New Member

hi.
    i have an sample problem. i want Longitudinal Strength Calculation for an Landing Craft by loading water ballast tank's.
    did you find autohydro code?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.