I am looking for a book to calculate diesel engine efficiency. I am trying to gain a better understanding what makes a diesel engine fuel efficient. Many times we can buy a standard engine off the shelf and have nice working item. I looking to for extreme fuel economy and looking to understand the engine completely so when I talk to a consultant or a custom engine manufacturere with some degree of intelligence.
The specific engines I am looking are for traditional and diesel electric propulsion systems. The HP range I am looking for this extreme economy are 450 to 600 hp for diesel electric set up and 2000 HP to 2800 HP for traditional propulsion.
Any tips or leads in custom diesel engine manufactures will be helpful.
The specific engines I am looking are for traditional and diesel electric propulsion systems. The HP range I am looking for this extreme economy are 450 to 600 hp for diesel electric set up and 2000 HP to 2800 HP for traditional propulsion.
Any tips or leads in custom diesel engine manufactures will be helpful.