Yacht Design Graduate Considering Opportunities
I am a Yacht Design graduate of The Landing School and will soon be a graduate of the Marine Systems program as well. I have a distinct advantage with the diversity of my training of both the designer and technicians perspective of the industry. I have some professional experience via internships, but am currently searching for a long term position to utilize my talents and further develop my skills. My resume is posted below. If you have interest in employing me, please send me a message on this website on how to reach you, as I do not want to post my personal information on a public forum. Thank you.
YACHT DESIGN — Seeking a position in design or marine engineering
• Well versed knowledge of boats gained from design education.
• Hardworking and energetic; flexible; adapt easily to change of project and schedule.
• Diligent about completing duties, following orders, and able to lead when called upon.
• Personable with a positive attitude; Able to interface effectively with colleagues and clients.
EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS
Design & Marine Systems Student at the Landing School of Boat Building and Design, 2003-2005
Bachelor of Arts from Saint Olaf College, 1998-2002
Economics Major, Asian Studies Minor
ABYC Electrical Certified, 2005
• Auto-CAD 2002
• Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
• Summer 2004 Dana Point, CA – Interned under Jeff Leishman of PAE, creators of Nordhavn Yachts. Duties included conducting a weight study, interior and exterior CAD design, as well as 3D modeling.
• Spring 2004 Newport, RI – Interned for Pedrick Yacht Design
• Spring 2004 Middletown, RI – Interned in the engineering department of Freedom Yachts
• Summer 2003 Minneapolis, MN – Loan Processor for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
• Spring 2003 St. Paul, MN – Accounting Representative for US Bank. Was responsible for daily reconciliations of multiple internal DDA/General Ledger Accounts
• Fall 2002 Minneapolis, MN – Reverse Mortgage Representative for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Originated loans to senior citizens who had high asset values, but low income levels.
• Summer 2002 Prizren, Kosovo – Acted as a consultant for FINCA headquarters to investigate and determine methods of improvement for Kosovo affiliate of growing Non-Governmental Organization, www.villagebanking.org
References Available Upon Request
Designer Candidate Required
I received your information from the Internet and we are interested in your work experience .I'd like to introduce our company ,with this form letter we've been sending out.
IAG Yachts Group Ltd., is a luxury motor yacht manufacturing company located in Shenzhen China, close to Hong Kong. We are a newly formed division of the International Audio Group with offices, sales and manufacturing concerns in six countries world wide. Please visit our website at www.internationalaudiogroup.com
We immediately require a certified Yacht Designer willing and able to relocate on a permanent basis to China.
He or she will be well versed and competent in all aspects of Naval Architecture and Yacht Styling, and will be supported by a team of marine engineers and CAD draughts people under the direct supervision of the General Manager.The design team will produce detailed shop drawings and CNC files, later to be submitted to the shipyard.
To round out our new design team, to assist the Yacht Designer described above, we require an additional 6 CAD people, and are willing to consider relative new comers to the yacht design industry, or recent graduates possessing exceptional abilities.
Preference will be given to design bilingual candidates, who are able to make notations to their drawings in Mandarin as well as English.
This is an exiting and solid career opportunity for the right people. The candidates will be able to produce drawings, 2D and 3D CAD work that will be drawn to industry standard, presented to and approved by the Classification Societies (eg., Lloyds). Please forward your resume, recommendations and contact information and expected salary at your earliest convenience to the email address below ,we will respond at our earliest possible convenience.
Jiang Yuan Yuan (Sunshine)
Executive Assistant to GM
IAG Yachts LTD.,
Room 2310--2311 Press Building
Shennan Rd. C., Shenzhen, China 518027
Tel : +86 755 27483120
E-mail : Sunshine@sanecore.com.cn
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|College for Naval Architecture||Archive||Education||15||04-07-2008 01:42 PM|
|Looking for the right path to design and build||ben_morel||Education||44||11-24-2005 04:51 PM|
|Yacht Design Services||yachtdesigner||Services & Employment||1||01-23-2002 05:25 PM|
|Italian Yacht Design graduate seeking design position||Archive||Services & Employment||0||06-12-2001 05:03 AM|