Training jobs

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by wmonastra, Jun 19, 2016.

1. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Hi

Im currently doing a RYA Ocean masters licence for offshore (in New Zealand) and other related courses.

Im on the hunt for a job in order to put into practice all i am learning in the class room. I do have alot of time offshore on both cruising and race yachts, however want to upskill and get more experience and after all these years get my skippers ticket.

I have tried all the normal websites however they want the skippers ticket before they even try and get me work on a yacht.So its catch 22 for me at the moment.

Is there any yacht in or around the New Zealand (or Pacific) looking to hire crew? Im more into it (at least in the short term) for time on the water and to meet the requirements of my tutor in order to get my certification.

I welcome your thoughts and advice.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.