Opportunity awaiting professional boat builders

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by SKM, May 9, 2007.

1. SKM

SKM Junior Member

A well established company in U.A.E - are in the look out for professionals - who can take the lead as Project Managers for producing GRP Composite yachts. This is a highly visible role and will require someone of exceptional caliber; the ideal candidate must hold a degree and have prior experience in marine engineering.

2. Nirmal42

Nirmal42 Junior Member

Looking for new job

Hi ,
    I am working in Yemen I have more then 25 years experience i Fiberglass boat building . we mainly build boats for Yemen navy. I start my boat building in Sri lanka and after I move to Dubai work 4 years in Riviera pol middle east.

I have experience design /material estimation and production /installations machinerys up to 30m lenght boats.
    Presently the situation is not good so I am looking to move out from Yemen for safety reason.
    my email nirmalyemen@yahoo.com
    tei. 00967733793456

regards

Nirmal Thotawattage

3. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Nirmal, you just replied to a thread of about 8 years since it was posted.

4. gamage

gamage Senior Member

I know him for the last 25 years,
    A man who never gives up any challenge in his carrier,
    Good luck Nirmal

1 person likes this.
  5. Nirmal42

Nirmal42 Junior Member

Thanks for the commence , He was my immediate boss while I was working in Blue Star Marine Srilanka.

6. Vladeq

Vladeq New Member

offer

Hi,

I'm professional with 12 yaers background in yacht building companies in both path - production and PM. Right now I'm working in Polish luxury yacht shipyard as a PM. Please send me more details with conditions on my e-mail.
    Regards!

7. Nirmal42

Nirmal42 Junior Member

Post of Project Manger

512/26 , Colombo Road
    Negombo – Sri Lanka
    Mobile 00 94 721802973
    Residence 0094 312223623
    nirmalyemen@yahoo.com
    June 18th, 2015

The Human Resources Manager,

Sub. For the post of Project Manager

Dear Sir

As per the web information about position in your establishment and I wish to tender my application for technical officer position in your organization. I want to send my CV to support my application. It shows that I would bring important skills to this position.
    I was working with Hadramaout Fiberglass factory as Technical Manager –Yemen since 1995 and due to the current situation, I left Yemen.

I have 28 years extensive experience in Fiber Glass Boat Designing & Building, Marine Project & Fishing Fleet Management, Preparing Bill of Quantities, cost calculation, material ordering & quality assurance processes in fishing, work, pleasure and coast guard boat sectors up to 30 meters. Some of these projects were built under classifications authorities.

During last 20 years working period I have designed and built several vessels for Defense Authority Yemen and local develop the local fishing boat designs for more. My best performance boats were 17m fast patrol boat with35knots and 30m patrol boat. Also 21m and 30m water tankers for transport water to islands.

I am familiar with design and developing more capacity with high fuel efficiency fishing boats, according to various traditional fishing methods very successfully for local fishermen who operate them in the Indian Ocean, Arabian & Red seas.

With the over 28 years of experience in all the aspect of boat building industry & recorded advance in my carrier will add value to your organization. I am looking for a new challenge in my career with your organization, would offer me a chance to grow further development in my career.
    I have composite training by NCS resin in South Africa.
    also I worked in Rivera pool Sharjah - 1990-1995
    and I can speak and understand Arabic language.

I would enjoy having the opportunity to talk with you more about this position, and how I could use my skills to benefit your organization.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Nirmal Thotawattage

8. Maniek

Maniek Junior Member

Hi.I'm Marian.I'm Polish,living in UK.In boats industry about 40y.Contact me,please,if you can,via my e-mail mar-q@o2.pl Regards. Marian

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.