Naval Architect- looking for job

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Gosia, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Gosia

Gosia Junior Member

Hello

My name is Gosia and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and express my interest in the position of Naval Architect.

I have recently graduated (September 2004) from the Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship technology, at Gdansk University of Technology in Poland. Upon graduation, I was awarded a Master’s of Science degree. I would be pleased to provide you with additional information on the University and it’s program if you are unfamiliar with it. Since commencing my studies and employment, it has been my goal to obtain a job that would allow me to continually develop my knowledge about ship design.

During my studies, my specialization was in the design of small ships. My diploma project was “A Preliminary Proposal for a Luxury Seagoing Sailing Yacht for 6 People”. In addition to my Diploma Project, during my studies I completed many different projects and exercises which were concerned with the design, fabrication and construction of both sailing and motor boats. As a result of these projects, I am familiar with structural calculation; including the following classification guidelines: Polish Register of Shipping “Rules for Classification and Construction of Sea-going Yachts”, Germanischer Lloyd “Rules for Classification and Construction, part 3- Pleasure Craft”, ABS “Guide for Ocean Racing Yachts”.

I have been working in the Yacht Studios Strawinski s.c., located in Sopot, Poland since November 2003, having commenced my employment during my studies. This is a design and construction company in Poland that makes aluminum and steel sailing and motor yachts. During my employment I have assisted in the design of a 27m classic sailing yacht, 20m modern sailing yacht, 15m classic motor boat and 7m fast motor boat. These projects have given me a significant amount of practical knowledge about the design and construction aluminum yachts.

I would be very happy to discuss any questions which you may have and hope to hear from you at your convenience.

Attached Files:

2. sunshine

sunshine Junior Member

Designer Candidate Required

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I received your information from the Internet and we are interested in your work experience .I'd like to introduce our company ,with this form letter we've been sending out.
    IAG Yachts Group Ltd., is a luxury motor yacht manufacturing company located in Shenzhen China, close to Hong Kong. We are a newly formed division of the International Audio Group with offices, sales and manufacturing concerns in six countries world wide. Please visit our website at www.internationalaudiogroup.com
    We immediately require a certified Yacht Designer willing and able to relocate on a permanent basis to China.
    He or she will be well versed and competent in all aspects of Naval Architecture and Yacht Styling, and will be supported by a team of marine engineers and CAD draughts people under the direct supervision of the General Manager.The design team will produce detailed shop drawings and CNC files, later to be submitted to the shipyard.
    To round out our new design team, to assist the Yacht Designer described above, we require an additional 6 CAD people, and are willing to consider relative new comers to the yacht design industry, or recent graduates possessing exceptional abilities.
    Preference will be given to design bilingual candidates, who are able to make notations to their drawings in Mandarin as well as English.
    This is an exiting and solid career opportunity for the right people. The candidates will be able to produce drawings, 2D and 3D CAD work that will be drawn to industry standard, presented to and approved by the Classification Societies (eg., Lloyds). Please forward your resume, recommendations and contact information and expected salary at your earliest convenience to the email address below ,we will respond at our earliest possible convenience.

Best Regards,

Jiang Yuan Yuan (Sunshine)
    Executive Assistant to GM
    Billy Baycroft
    IAG Yachts LTD.,
    Room 2310--2311 Press Building
    Shennan Rd. C., Shenzhen, China 518027
    Tel : +86 755 27483120
    E-mail : Sunshine@sanecore.com.cn

3. multihulls

multihulls Junior Member

Production Manager

We are a foreign company located in Antalya Free Zone TURKEY
    specialized in multihulls designed by Jeff Schionning.
    www.schionningdesigns.com.au
    We are starting to produce from molds using epoxy,PVC core with vacuum
    technology.
    We are looking for a production manager that will follow the production line
    from A to Z.
    If you have any interest or you know somebody that will fit to the job
    you are welcome to contact.

PCM LTD. COMPANY

www.m-pcm.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.