People seem to be drawn to water instinctively. Whether it’s fishing, cruising, or learning how to water-ski, we help people connect with the water and with each other. From runabouts to yachts, the Brunswick Boat Group and its market-leading brands make boats for nearly every pastime and budget. Blending state-of-the-art technologies with traditional marine craftsmanship, the Brunswick Boat Group provides its customers with the best boats on the water, and its employees with endless opportunities to succeed. Chart your career path with us and ride the wave of the future!
About the Role:
The Naval Architect / Certification Engineer shall be responsible for handling all certification requirements for both current and new product development. This will include use of CAD tools to ensure designs are robust and meet all necessary functional requirements and that the application of materials is carried out in the most cost effective manner. The person filling this role is the primary point of contact for the engineering team with the Industrial Design team during the conceptual development of new models.
What you will be doing in the job:
• Conduct detailed weight studies of design proposals and monitor weight distribution during engineering activities.
• Generate preliminary and final hull geometry to meet program requirements and deliverables.
• Perform hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analysis of all new models
• Review and comment on both current and new standards. Continued participation within NMMA, ABYC, and ISO organizations
• Conduct compliance audits on new and existing models
• Must be willing to travel 20% including internationally
What you bring to our winning team:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture degree or related discipline
• Computer aided design required (CAD, Teamcenter/NX, Orca3D, GHS preferred)
• Manufacturing experience/knowledge preferred
• Must have good judgment skills and working knowledge of tooling, prototype and construction procedures
To apply for this opportunity and learn more about Brunswick Boats click on the following link: https://goo.gl/5Gaep8