looking for a job

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Jorgoz, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Jorgoz

Jorgoz Junior Member

Hello there,

I'm looking for a job in wooden boatbuilding, or even an apprenticeship.

I'm 35 and have had experience working with wood (furniture design and making, wooden floors, well if it's possible to make it in wood, i guess i can)and have built myself a stitch-and-glue kayak from plans only. I Also just started a new boatbuilding project for myself (swampscott 12 from Selway-Fisher).

My main degree is office work, i studied woodworking-furniture making in evening school, but quit because i learned more from books than i did in that school. Then i followed 2 years of musical instrument building (violin building) and stopped because it wasn't my thing. I've got a real fine hand and am a real quick learner too.

I've been temping a lot lately and am fed up with those crappy jobs.

I've been looking around for a learning opportunity, but they're a so bloody expensive, just can't afford course fees. I know i can grow into the job if i just get the chance, i'm sure the people who hire me won't regret their choice.

George

Ps. my first boatbuilding project :
    http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=1383

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Maybe if you tell us where you are looking you will get more replies.

3. Jorgoz

Jorgoz Junior Member

Any english speaking country (UK, US, CAN, NZ,...) where besides work i can also enjoy nature and quiet, an above average sunny location (not that important but it would be nice), where people talk to each other instead of walking past one another ignoring you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.