Fairing/re-fairing & painting

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by para69, Dec 2, 2011.

1. para69

para69 Junior Member

Hi, i'm British, bilingual/french & 'worked-based' on the naval Yard at La Ciotat, France; halfway between Toulon & Marseille.
    I spent several yrs on Full-Fairs/Scratch & Gloss projects; Spain, Italy, Dubai & here in France....Lorient, la Rochelle & Cenon near Bordeaux before coming to La Ciotat working on a New-Build CAT for H2x in August 2006.
    Working "self-employed" i've remained here at La Ciotat due to the availible work given out by the Firms based upon the yard; HYDRA SUD SERVICES, MONACO MARINE , COMPOSITE WORKS & H2x.

Competent & comfotable in the following tasks:

- fairing/re-fairing & my 'prep-work' is very good
    - application/spraying of Primers, Ultrabuild, 545 etc (hulls & Superstructure)
    - Topcoating of 'details' & off-boat pieces
    - GEL COAT & Non-Skid
    - laminating; Wet Hand-Lay & familiar with Vacuum-Bag techniques
    - SANDBLASTING of Hulls & off-boat pieces/Blasting Booth: 'very
    experienced'
    - Running gear: marine growth removal by grinding/or Scotchbrite & application of PROPSPEED
    - Antifouling/Airless & roller

At the moment, the work here is pretty inconsistant with frequent 'gaps' between jobs so would invite any interest from persons "in the game": Due to the variation & nature of the work undertaken, i'm able to put my hand to most tasks & will forward photo's depicting the above if an email address is provided.

I've no qualms in working away/Overseas as long as accomodation is provided; Punctual, Reliable & more than capable of doing my job
    unsupervised

Regards

Paul

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.