Experienced composite boat builder needed

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by olliric, Oct 21, 2013.

1. olliric

olliric Junior Member

The project location is in Langkawi, Malaysia.
    The task is to complete a 49' foam cored epoxy sailing catamaran which is partially built.
    The position is as hands on team leader who is responsible for all the aspects of the project.

For further details please send a private message

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. nilangalakmal

nilangalakmal Junior Member

At present I am working at Solas Marine Lanka which is a leading Boat and Yacht Manufacturing Company and presently handling a project to manufacture and supply of 80 nos of Fast Interceptor Crafts for Indian Navy. As the Design Engineer/ Asst. Project Manager, I am doing all structural & system designs, drawings, BoQs, Lightship calculations, documentations and correspondences with Customer and Classification Societies. My major strengths are my dedication to completing assigned tasks, ability to work independently on projects as well as a team.

I have worked for Neil Fernando & Company as a Design Engineer for a period of 2 years and handled all structural and system designs & drawing for class approval for number of projects.

I would be delighted if I’m given an opportunity to join hands with you

3. olliric

olliric Junior Member

Thanks for the interest. However, as I mentioned in the post I am looking for a boat builder not a designer. Although design knowledge is a skill required also for a boat builder the main set of skills is about actually building the boat piece by piece, phase by phase.

4. boatbuilder41

boatbuilder41 Senior Member

just curious where you need a builder. i am a professional builder . on of my builds can be found in national fisherman magazine march 2013. (lafitte for a king). also curious as to what size boats..... i live in panama city florida and have experience building boats up to 78 ft. and coast guard approved for 149 passengers and six crew within 100 miles of coastal waters. i am also a certified marine mechanic certified since 1986. i can also perform coast guard stability test on vessels. work is getting hard to find due to our econimical situations here in florida. not a lot of people have money to spend on custom built boats..... and the used boat market is stronger than ever.... we have wprk here but are just looking into the future

1 person likes this.

5. olliric

olliric Junior Member

Thanks for your interest. You can find the answers in the ad.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.