Engineer looking for work

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by ccris, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ccris

ccris Junior Member

Hello,

I am an engineer from Romania and I am trying to find a job in shipbuilding industry. Below more informations about my skills and experience.
    I finished my universitary studies in electrical engineering field. I got electrical engineer diploma after 5 years, at a university in Romania (University "Dunarea de Jos" Galatz). I have done the studies in French in a program developed together with University Le Havre France.

I finished the studies in 2003. After that, I worked for six months as electrical design engineer for Mittal Steel Galati. In april 2004, it was given the opportunity, after an interview, to work in shipbuilding industry for Vuyk Ship Design Galati, member of Vuyk Engineering Group. Now the company's name is Ship Design Group Galati, after the separation from Vuyk Engineering.

I started as electrical design engineer and I have been involved in a project for a Panamax type vessel, for a German shipowner (Oldendorf). I worked at the technical project of electrical installations (single line diagram, equipment implementation, etc) ans as well at detail design project. Also, as electrical engineer I worked on conversions of some Danube pushers for a romanian river transport company.

As the contracts including electrical installation design declined in number, I learned to use Nupas Cadmatic software.

For about 2 years I worked in Hull Department as design engineer. My experience with Nupas Cadmatic software (in Hull department) include several execution projects for former Aker Group, and for STX as well. The task I received was "Production engineering" and also, "Production information" for multiple vessels types.

In the last two years, at my request, I was detached to "Piping and Machinery" Department. I prepared system diagrams, and I have made in 3D (Cadmatic) the routing, obtaining the production informations (isometrics, layout drawings, arrangement drawings for ship compartments, bill of materials). The last project I worked for, was a pipelayer barge for an romanian customer. A part of the technical project have been done by "The Offshore Partners" (Sea of Solutions), and the rest by SDG (Ship Design Group). I have been involved as project manager for Piping and Machinery Department. I have coordinated a 3 men team from the start to finish of the project, working side by side with them at the pipes routing and all was needed in order to finish in time the project.

For the moment I am trained in AVEVA PDMS software, user and admin.

To conclude, I am looking for a job in ship design. Please let me know if you have one opportunity for me. Thank you very much!

2. Bijit Sarkar

Bijit Sarkar Naval Architect

Are you willing to relocate to India?

3. ccris

ccris Junior Member

For the moment I am trying to find something in Europe or Canada...But there is a chance to come in India. Can you give me some details maybe? The e-mail address is cristian.neagu@yahoo.com. Thank you!