Doing the right thing i.e. being professional!!

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by watchkeeper, Aug 31, 2009.

1. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

An insight for a Kiwi Capt recently departed from Dubai.

Spitting the dummy and giving notice while the boss is on vacation because;
    a. Its too hot
    b. Customers are too difficult
    c. Works too hard

Not real good but .... happens but when you receive a CV and a call from an industry professional about a job its just not acceptable to call that guy's employer and repeat the conversation.

Don't know what your future plans are in the yachting industry Saxon Parker but some of the good folks in Dubai and Europes yards suggest you might best consider staying down under.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I sense the popcorn market is due an upturn.

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

:D Allthough I'm opposing Monsanto now I might even buy their stocks..

4. Hägar

Hägar Previous Member

What would that post tell us?
    How one gets rid of frustration?

Never buy Monsanto Teddy! except to ruin them...

5. wardd

wardd Senior Member

i'm confused

6. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Buy Monsanto for the long term, if you look at population projections agricultural land will only rise in value as will commodity prices so high yield seed breeders such as Monstanto are a premium investment. Same for chemical fertilizer companies.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

Monsanto is the worlds enemy no 1.
    All dictators of the last 1000 years have been just choirboys compared with these gangsters!

just my 2c

8. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I completely disagree. Cotton yields per hectare have doubled in India in the last 3-4 years due to BT seed technology, putting extra income into the hands of the poorest sections of the community. With the multiplier effect / circulation of income, that goes a local way.

9. watchkeeper

Hi Ward

Situ is I recomended to a friend wanting a job a company needing a staff replacement. The Business Mgr mentioned in temporary charge while his mate/boss was on leave had handed in his notice.
    Friend sends in his CV and calls the temp BM who later calls friend's employer and divulges details of conversation.

The BM first runs aground his employer boat then scuttles friends boat for good measure.

Would you rely on this Capt in business or at sea

10. masalai

masalai masalai

But when your crop of 'Monsanto soy beans' are harvested and you want to plant something else (with the same seed size?) ask Monsanto how much "Roundup" do I need to apply to kill the soy-bean regrowth? - Oh **** - never thought of that :D:D:D:D

11. watchkeeper

Sorry fellas, please go to channel 71 for the agricultural farming forums ;) :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.