Assistant Yacht Designer - Drafter needed

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by JR-Shine, Dec 19, 2005.

1. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

2. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

Hey did you not live in Maine, and did some stuff with Woodenboat?

3. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

Not I :) I have not lived any further North than Athens, GA:D

Must be another Joel

4. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

I know I have seen your name some where how about Betaeu.com? sorry if I spelled it wrong. I'm sorry if I am wasting your time, I have an interest in the oppertunity but afraid I do not have enough knowlege to fit your criteria. I'm a builder with a little knowlege in design and the extent of my clacs. would be basic formula's.
    anyway thanks for your time

5. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

Hi Bruce,

Yes - thats one of our sites (Bateau.com). Thanks for the reply.

Joel

6. yachtdesigner

yachtdesigner Junior Member

Support design services

Hello Joel:

Your E-business is intriguing and one that I may be able to support you on. I am a fellow yacht designer living in Vero Beach and have been interested in doing side work in order to keep the "creative genes" flowing. Working within the industry for the past 20 years, my experience lies primarily in power boats although I have generated several sailing boats during my studies through the WESTLAWN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY. My design experience includes hand-drafting, AutoCAD, RHINO as well as numerous other computer related programs. In addition to working in a yacht design office for 14 years, I have been employed in a manufacturing capacity for the past five years. Concientious and detail oriented, I enjoy boat design and drafting and would be interested in speaking to you further about your needs.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Earl G. Alfaro
    E-mail: ealfaro@bellsouth.net
    Tel. 772-564-7388

7. Felix-Arees

Felix-Arees Naval Architect

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Felix-Arees F. Estupa Jr. and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and express my interest in the position of Naval Architect or a Boat Designer.

I have recently graduated (March 1999) from Namei Polytechnic Institute at Manila Philippines, it has been my goal to obtain a job that would allow me to continually develop my knowledge about ship design.

I completed many different projects and exercises which were concerned with the design, fabrication and construction of Steel Fishing Vessels, Tugboats, Patrol Boats, Barge, Commercial Power Boats.
    As a result of these projects, I am familiar with structural calculation; including the following classification guidelines: ABS Classifications “Rules for Classification and Construction of Sea-going Yachts”, Lloyd “Rules for Classification and Construction, part 3- Pleasure Craft”, ABS “Guide for Ocean Racing Yachts” ABS Guide for steel craft. NK Guidance for the Survey & Constructions of Steel Ships

I would be very happy to discuss any questions which you may have and hope to hear from you at your convenience. Please see my CV below for your reference.

Felix-Arees F. Estupa Jr.
    No. 449 General Luna Street Malabon City
    • Telephone No. 632-4483343 • Mobile 0557007387 • Mobile 0916 3095406 •
    navalarchitectme@netscape.net

OBJECTIVES:

To be fair, just and innovative assets to a dignified company by offering the best of my service and by imparting the quality skills and I develop through my learning experience in the area of my profession.

TECHNICAL SKILLS

Operating Systems:

• WINDOWS 98 / NT2000 / WINDOWS XP / Advance in Excel 2000: Business Management •
    • AutoCAD 2D and 3D Rel. 2006(Advance) • MAXSURF Program Released 11.05 •
    • AutoSHIP CAD/CAM • PROPTRACKER SOFTWARE •

• ISO 9002 (QUALITY MANAGEMENT) • ISO 9000 (EFFECTIVE DOCUMENTATION OF ISO 9000) •
    • INTERNAL QUALITY AUDIT TRAINING PROGRAM • ABS CLASSIFICATION: ISO 9001:2000 •
    • MARINE SAFETY QUALITY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM •
    • WORLD SAFETY ORGANIZATION/ OSHC-DOLE – SAFETY ENGINEER •

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:

AL DANAH BOAT & YACTHS MAN. CO. LTD, Dammam Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2005 – Present
    Naval Architect & Mar Engineer/ISM-ISO Coordinator/Designer/Production Manager

• Prepared design & detailed drawing of new construction vessel.
    • Prepared quotations quotation & job order for the dry-docking of the vessels.
    • Estimation of all requirements materials for the fabrication & Installation.
    • Handles computations and acceptance of all work done in vessel's repair
    • ISO-ISM 9001-2000 Auditor & Coordinator

CARGOMARINE CORPORATION, Valero St. Makati City Philippines Jan 2000 – June 2004
    Technical Marine Superintendent/WSO Marine Safety Engineer/ISO-ISM Auditor

• Ensures that all vessels ABS Safenet up to date
    • Prepare work order for every vessels dry-docking.
    • Computerization of various office computations: (a) Voyage Analysis program (b) Fuel oil, Diesel Oil and Lube Oil Consumptions analysis program. Ensures that all vessels voyage analysis and ROB analysis are up to date
    • Executions of all work orders for the drydocking
    • Handles supervision of ships repair and modification in compliance to classification requirements.
    • Acts as owner representative during vessel drydocking to shipyards. Coordinates with classification society for vessel classification maintenance survey
    • Go on board vessels to make and conduct an inspection during trouble or before drydocking at shipyard.
    • To plan and schedule of Audit in accordance with the established procedures and go on-board to make internal audit.
    • To familiarized every joining crew of the importance of the SMS system(ISO/ISM)

KEPPEL–SMIT TRANSPACIFIC Inc., Bautista St Makati City Philippines Oct 1996 – Nov 1999
    Draftsman/Working Student

• Prepared quotations quotation & job order for the dry-docking of the vessels.
    • Estimation of all requirements materials for the fabrication & Installation.
    • Handles computations and acceptance of all work done in vessel's repair

EDUCATION

Tangos 1 Elementary School, Navotas Philippines Primary, 1976 - 1982

Wesleyan High School, Navotas Philippines Secondary, 1983 - 1986

Philippine Maritime Institute Roosevelt Quezon City Marine Engineering, 1998-1990

Namei Polytechnic Institute A.Bonfacio St., Mandaluyong City BS Naval Architect & Mar Engr, 1994-1999

REFERENCE NOT RELATED

Mr. Jose Pascual, Paco Manila Philippines Tel No. (632)338-2075 Mobile No. 0917-5776884
    PRS Classification - President

Capt. Joel T. Legita, Makati Philippines Tel No. (632) 845-2520 Mobile No. 0917-8149239
    Cargomarine Corp. - VP-Operations Manager

Capt. Rafael C. Dino, Manila Philippines Tel No. (632) 523-1860 Mobile No. 0917-9235654
    Ventis Maritime Corp. – VP-Operations Manager

DOCUMENTS:

TIN No. 187-297-299
    SSS No. 33-0671565-6
    Passport No. L-6310001
    Pag-Ibig No. 0005-151214 09
    Drivers’ Lic. N25-06-000422

Other Documents:
    Registered Naval Architect & Marine Engineer Registration No. 0005931

I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE FACT CONTAINED IN THESE CURRICULUM VITAE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.

FELIX - AREES F. ESTUPA JR.
    Naval Architect & Marine Engineer
    Applicant

8. Felix-Arees

Felix-Arees Naval Architect

Assistant Yacht Designer

Hi Jr Shine,

Sorry for the late reply, i just open my inbox here in boat designer because during that time, I was hired in Saudi Arabia as a consultant and designer for the aluminum fast craft and frp yacths boat.

Anyway I am presently working now here in Singapore as Structural Engineer, I would like to know if this job you offer is still available?

If this job is not available is there any available job there which is applicable to my profession as Naval Architect?

Please email me at : felix@nordic.com.sg

Kind regards

Felix

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.