what i want now

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by wardd, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

The current level of ignorance of traditional seagoing ways, and on this forum of all places, simply astounds me. Visitors are piped aboard at the door marked IN, and the gangplank is located at the door marked OUT.

In order to properly respect tradition, visitors will be relieved of all their cash and valuables before they leave, so as not to be unduly weighed down when they hit the water. We aren't savages, after all.

2. wardd

wardd Senior Member

terry want the position as crew etiquette and safety instructor?

3. ancient kayaker

I thought I already had that as part of a purser's job. I have been working on a highly effective safety instruction course. The largest member of the crew throws the smallest one into the water.

Listening to their plaintive cries as they are left far behind - assuming the vessel is actually making headway that is - he or she* essentially does my safety instruction course for me while I lounge in a drunken stupor in some safe and comfortable location. For an alternative method of obtaining volunteers for this important function, we could make up a set of rules for qualifying said volunteers. Pissing on the captain's meals, for example, would qualify a crew member; I am confident that this approach would lead to significant improvements to crew etiquette.

As part of my training, I have placed myself on a suitable diet in preparation for this voyage of discovery. My weight is up by 25 lb and still rising. Anyone trying to toss me in the water is going to have a serious challenge, so I can assure you there is no danger to the most valuable member of the crew, or at least the richest, namely the purser - who will fill his pockets and hide from danger in the richest tradition of naval endeavour.

* I assume from previous posts that this is an equal opportunity venture

4. wardd

wardd Senior Member

equal to the highest kickback, i gotta make a living you know

i like to keep crew turnover high as new crew are cheap

5. ancient kayaker

Hm. How much do you weigh?

6. wardd

wardd Senior Member

more than you wanna lift

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.