Tabletop Trainer

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by sandy daugherty, Mar 21, 2011.

1. sandy daugherty

sandy daugherty Senior Member

My club has been using the SV Neversail to teach noobies all the strings to pull and why, but her parts are getting tired. We downrig her after every class and stuff her in a storage locker, which seems to wear her out worse that the students ever could.

Chesapeake Light Craft has offered to CNC cut panels for me if I can come up with a cad design. Delimma! Who can suggest freeware for a very simple flat bottomed but salty looking sailboat hull that I can learn with the few remaining, semi-alert gray cells left to me? John Norris is off to the left coast so I don't know what format he prefers.

2. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

Actually, his name is John Harris. Most CNC shops prefer DFX format as it a low common denominator format used in most platforms.

--
    CutOnce

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

====
    It's DXF isn't it?

4. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

Yes, finger speed exceeded eyes. Drawing eXchange Format. I made a typo. Relic from Autocad that has persevered.

Glad to have you forensically analyzing on every word I type. My own personal Internet stalker. Hope that catching my typo gives you a little thrill.

I'll try to improve my attention to detail.

--
    CutOnce

5. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

====================
    Sorry "Once"-it's not about you-I was trying to help others that might not catch such a detail.